Supporting Younger Veterans grants program
The Supporting Younger Veterans (SYV) grants program aims to support the needs of working aged veterans as they leave the Australian Defence Force and transition back into civilian life.
The SYV grants program provides $4.25 million over five years to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) to encourage partnerships that will deliver innovative and sustainable services for working aged veterans.
The grants will also help raise awareness of the important issues faced by younger veterans and the challenges that accompany their transition.
There is no maximum or minimum amount that can be sought for this grants program; however, all applications will be assessed on their merit and subject to a cost benefit analysis.
Funding can be used to deliver projects and activities that:
- develop capability within the veteran community that services the unique needs of younger veterans;
- support the development of well researched and tailored services for younger veterans;
- fund organisations that can sustainably deliver services to younger veterans now and into the future;
- increase collaboration amongst organisations to expand services and harness existing expertise; and/or
- increase awareness of younger veteran issues and or services within the Australian and veteran communities, where doing so would benefit younger veterans.
Applications for this $250,000 special round of SYV grants will close in late May 2017, with successful applicants announced in June 2017.
Future rounds of the grants will allocate $1 million each financial year.
Future rounds will open 1 July each year, commencing 2017, and will close 1 September each year, until 2021.
NOTE: It is anticipated that the SYV grants will officially open early May 2017. The information below is provided in draft to give Ex-Service Organisations time to consider potential projects and initiatives and to commence completing an application form.