Statewide Veterans’ Health Advocate
The Veterans’ Health Advocate provides a contact point for veterans and their families within SA Health.
The Veterans’ Health Advocate can provide:
- a single point of contact for veterans and their families in regard to public health services, hospitals and health information in South Australia
- help in navigating the health system
- emotional, social and cultural support to veterans and their families
- liaison services for veterans and their families and
- information about hospital services and the linkage between the hospital and Department of Veterans’ Affairs and Ex-Service Organisation resources.
The Veterans’ Health Advocate works in collaboration with hospital staff to undertake these services. This service is available Monday to Friday during business hours.
Veteran Visiting Program
The Veterans Visiting Program involves members of the local veteran community visiting veteran patients during their stay. These volunteers can provide social, emotional, cultural and spiritual support to veterans and their families.
If you would like to have a volunteer visit you, please speak with the Veterans’ Health Advocate, who will happily arrange a visit.
For more information please contact:
Veterans’ Health Advocate
Telephone: 08 7087 1387 or Mobile: 0435 651 290