The Cheer-Up Hut Club is an online storytelling club designed specifically with first time biographers and amateur writers in mind. The Club is divided into an eight week program but can be undertaken at any pace.
Many of the materials provided, have been produced in collaboration with our key project partners, the RSL Virtual War Memorial.
We are working closely with Local Government, State Library South Australia, History SA and with South Australia’s Veterans and Ex-Services communities whose members and affiliate members are our main focus for sourcing Anzac stories throughout this period of national reflection. We are also working closely with Defence to engage with current serving members whose families often reflect a legacy of military service that we are keen to tap.
There is no better time than now to spend time preparing and recording South Australia’s Anzac Centenary stories for future generations.
Below is a list of Cheer-Up Hut Club Member Entitlements:
- Your unique login to the Cheer-Up Hut Club Resources portal, providing you with links to your digital Cheer-Up Hut Club Program; a series of eight modules, sent to you via a regular Cheer-Up Hut E-newsletter that you can work through at your own pace;
- Membership of the exclusive Cheer-Up Hut Facebook group where you can hear from other members as well as share your own tips and tricks re Anzac storytelling;
- Assistance to re-imagine your story in digital essay form, or as a short film with support from professional digital content creators;
- Invitations to special Anzac Centenary events;
- Subscription to the Anzac Centenary Think Piece series, published regularly via Veterans SA; and
- Subscription to the monthly Veterans SA Enews providing information about isues of relevance to South Australia’s Veterans & Ex-Services community including upcoming events and activities related to the Anzac Centenary and South Australia’s military history.