There are two main federal funding grant programs:
- The Anzac Centenary Production and Commissioning Fund
- Saluting Their Service Commemorative Grants Program
The Anzac Centenary Production and Commissioning Fund supports high-quality, wide-reaching artistic creations and events that commemorate the Anzac Centenary.
Expressions of interest for the Production and Commissioning Fund are ongoing: A list of recipients including a short description of their projects can be viewed here.
Successful South Australian projects include:
- Art Gallery of South Australia, Entrenched: contemporary artists and the art of the trenches – Production and Commissioning Fund
- State Theatre Company of South Australia, The Red Cross Letters – Public Grants Program
The STS Commemorative Grants program is designed to preserve Australia’s wartime heritage and to involve people throughout the nation in a wide range of projects and activities that highlight the service and sacrifice of Australia’s servicemen and women in wars, conflicts and peace operations, and promote appreciation and understanding of the role that those who served have played in shaping the nation.
Two categories of grants are available under the STS program:
- Community Commemorative Grants (CCG) – Grants up to a maximum of $4,000 are available for community-based commemorative projects and activities. This includes, for example, the building of community memorials and the preservation of wartime memorabilia that is significant locally but is not necessarily nationally significant.
- Major Commemorative Grants (MCG) – Grants in excess of $4,000 are available for projects and activities that are significant, usually from a national, state or territory perspective and that contribute to Australia’s understanding of its wartime heritage and honour the service and sacrifice of its servicemen and women.
For further information, please contact the Commemorative Grants Section in the Department of Veteran’s Affairs National Office on 1800 026 185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.